Monday, February 4, 2008

Time Flies

Over the past few days I have been going through all of Taylor's pictures and saving them to disk. We got a new web cam and we needed more space on the computer to load the software. I have been deleting thousands of pictures...yes, I did mean to write THOUSANDS. I couldn't bring myself to delete any of them, till now. I know they aren't really deleted because I can still see them, but it was hard to delete the pictures of the day he was born, when he smiled for the first time, crawling, walking, etc. etc.

I've always heard that kids grow up fast, but I didn' t believe it till now. I had some post-partum issues after Taylor was born and I sadly found myself thinking "If we can just get through this stage, I'll be okay..." Now I would give anything to go back to "that" stage. It's never as bad as you think it is, and Taylor is such a blessing in our lives. God has given us a wonderful baby.

Being at home with Taylor is sometimes a challenge. He is full of ALL BOY and never sits still. He finds something new to get into each day and has learned those few things that press my buttons and he does them over and over and over... **Funny quick story - For some reason Taylor loves to play with the stereo. He loves to press the buttons and push the CD button so the tray comes out and tear all the DVD's off the shelf they are on. One day he was doing this many, many times and I had reached the spanking stage (past warnings, threats and counting). I asked him to please leave the stereo alone. I told him if he touched it again I was going to get his booty. He then looked me square in the eye, leaned back on his arms and touched the stereo with one toe. I had to leave the room not to laugh! ** Even though it's a challenge, I wouldn't change a thing. Now that I have been able to look back over the last 17 months of his life, it seems like I was miserable pregnant last week. I would do it all over again in a second.

So now I am one of "those" mothers. The kind that look at their kids and say "you've grown up too fast!!"

No comments: