Monday, February 25, 2008

House Hunting

I don't know that there is many things I hate more than house hunting. I think I know what a house would look like in our price range, but I'm always wrong. We spent the weekend looking and found a few to look into, but nothing really great. The city is WAY more expensive, but you are paying for the school system, and in Knoxville you can get alot more for your money than in Maryville. To throw another wrench in this mess, I am a city girl who loves Maryville City schools, and Dustin would be more than happy in Louisville with a huge lot. There is a middle ground...I know there is...somewhere. We found a house in the city this weekend we both liked, by looking at it. Great neighborhood...near family...rancher with a basement, and it was For Sale By Owner. I called them...319,000...ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? He claimed, emphasis on claimed, the house was 3600 square feet. There is NO WAY, he had to have been counting the garage, driveway and the yard. Good luck to him.

I don't know if he knows it or now, but I am waiting on our realtor to make magic happen...he can do it, I have faith.

If anyone knows of a good sized rancher, with a basement (finished or not) that they could point our way...I am all ears.

1 comment:

LeslieTummel said...

what?! you're moving?! :) i guess that's a good thing, huh? good luck with finding a house...i'll keep my ears open for you (and i'll tell my family to be on the lookout too!)