Monday, February 25, 2008

Big Boy Day

Today Taylor had a great Big Boy Day!! I was getting ready to lay him down for his nap, and realized his bottle liners were still packed downstairs with the dirty clothes. Instead of going to get them, I attempted to lay him down for a nap with a sippy cup instead of a bottle. He slept!! Woo Hoo! He has his 18 month visit to the doctor in early March and I can't wait till they ask me if he is completely off the bottle.

Also, we walked outside to get the mail today and he held my hand all the way to the mailbox and around the pond in front of our complex! He has never been a big hand holder, so I try to practice when I can. He was even holding my hand back, not just me clutching to his for dear life.

Then his day was complete when we went to the fabric store Mommy found in Johnson City. He was in his stroller and did great. He talked to the nice ladies cutting Mommy's fabric, but he was really excited when two sorority girls started to play peek-a-boo with him. They were waiting to talk to the owner about donating to their fund-raiser. The owner was not there, but they stayed to talk to Taylor. They made him laugh and giggle and he wanted to get out of his stroller SO BAD to play with them. When they were ready to leave he got a little fussy, because he had to stop flirting I suppose, so I gave him some puffs to eat. That made him happy till one of the girls turned to say "bye, bye" and he couldn't respond because he was elbow deep in some puffs. She started to walk away and the other girl stopped her and said "Just wait a minute, he'll be done in a second. I want to see him say bye, bye." They waited and he flapped his arms and told them "bye bye" over and over and over. They said bye to eachother at least 5 times. What a little flirt....

2 comments:

Grandma said...

Let's let everyone know that you don't usually keep Taylor's bottle liners in with the dirty clothes. That's just where they ended up from packing after a weekend with Grandma & Grandpa. :-)

The Hackenburgs said...

He's such a little man now...