Monday, February 15, 2010

Humbled

LET'S GET READY TO BE HUUUUUMMMMBBBLLLEEEDDD!!!

For all of you Mt. Olive folks out there...I am still laughing with you. For all of you who don't know what I am talking out, yesterday was Youth Sunday at church. What a wonderful service. From start to finish it was filled with the love of God, the excitement of the youth and the hit on the head we all needed. I felt like I had traveled back in time and was at a Young Life meeting listening to Tim Teague or David Talley speak. The difference is that it was a high school senior and a college freshman who blew me away and knocked me off my feet.

During the service there was wonderful music, humor in the video, fellowship with the huge crowd we had at church, but most importantly there was not one....but TWO sermons that hit me where it hurt. These young men are more mature in their walk well beyond their years and have the "swagger" (as Dustin said) to lead many many many youth in their direction...just by living the way they already are.

First Bryce spoke. As I hit my snooze this morning I couldn't help but think about this message. It was so hard to wake up this morning... Then I think about how it was just as hard for me to be awake for my walk with Jesus. Bryce made a wonderful point to say that we are not supposed to be comfortable where we are. We are supposed to be striving to BE more and to be DOING more in our walk. If we are set in our place and in our walk, then we are not doing what we are called to be doing. We need to be constantly looking ahead...we need to be constantly wanting more for ourselves...we need to be constantly living for MORE and to DO more for Him. Wow. We all live our lives to find comfort...we all live our lives to be content...we all are conforming to what we think we need to be doing. We are all selling ourselves short. There is so much more for us...there is a new generation of warriors ready to lead.

Then Jonathan spoke. Arms Wide Open...what a wonderful concept. We need to be more loving and accepting. We need to be WANTING people to see God in our face. We need to be WANTING to be the example. We need to be WANTING people to wonder how and why we are so happy in life. Jonathan gave a wonderful illustration through Extreme Home Make Over. When the building is all over and they have brought the people home to see the house they all yell "Busdriver...Move That Bus!" then the camera pans to the owners faces...not the house. We can see how extravagant the house is and how happy and grateful they are from their faces. We don't have to see the house to know. I don't want people to look at me and see a lame house. I want them to look at me and see the mansion God has provided me with.

I knew I would enjoy this service, but I never imagined how much I would receive from it. Not only has it lit a fire under me and helped me see the new path I need to take, it has given me hope for my son's future. God has placed the service for Him in these young men's hearts. Taylor will have people to look up to. Taylor will have good examples to follow. God has set a future for these young men and I am honored to be able to watch it.

No comments: