Thursday, March 12, 2009

Advice?

So I am at my frustration breaking point...

Taylor REALLY needs a haircut. He's had haircuts before, but the second time he seemed a little better and then the third haircut he got, the guy snipped the top of both of Taylor's ears. He didn't mean to...it's hard to cut a moving target. I took him today to get his haircut. We talked about it on the way, he said he would sit still if I gave him a sucker. He walked in fine. He was a little shy at first, but when he saw I had brought suckers he sat in the chair with no problem. We had a DVD player with Diego playing, so he seemed to be content. The nice lady was SUPER patient with him and talked to him a lot. I let out a sigh of relief till she tried to put a cape on him. He wasn't having that. Then we talked about the fish ON the cap...he liked that. She tried again...not having it. Screaming now...off off off off off off. Then I climb in the chair with him...calmed down a little. I started to mess with his hair so he wouldn't know she was. It seemed to work, till she came at him with scissors. More screaming.

She wouldn't just keep cutting because he wouldn't hold still at all.

Help? Anyone?

If you see my child in the near future, know that it is not by choice his hair looks the way it does...

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

This may sound totally upsurd, but send him with his Dad or another male. Caleb did this to me. I have yet to be able to get the child a decent hair cut.
If Adam takes him, he is calm. He sits still. They don't argue, fuss or fight!

It must be a man thing...

Pamela S said...

Both the girls do good at Wendy's place. She is the only one in her little room. She is great with children.

Stacy said...

When Chad took Jesse to the barber shop rather than the girlie salon, everything magically became okay.