Thursday, April 3, 2008

Funny how it all works out

4 am...not when I thought I would be up, but it's okay. My child woke up screaming and I think he is having bad dreams. Growing up, I dealt with sleep walking and talking. I even still talk to Dustin sometimes in my sleep and I've been known to carry on full conversations and even get angry at times, though I don't think I've done it since I've been pregnant with Taylor. I did that alot when I was pregnant and some of you have heard those funny stories... So I think poor Taylor is having bad dreams. He wakes up and all he wants to do is cuddle.

At 4 am, any person in their right mind would be irritated and aggitated, but not me. This is the only time my 19 month old, go ALL the time, NEVER stop, little boy will cuddle up to me. He reaches around my neck and wants to put his little head on my shoulder. We'll sit in the glider in his room and I'll rock him, and while I used to be able to hold him up while I rocked him, now he sits on my lap and is still able to cuddle up with me. He's so big...

He calms down and he looks up at me and gives me that million dollar smile and tells me "hi" and I know he is ready to go back to bed. I'll give him his water bottle and lay him down with his stuffed frog, and all is well with his world.

Funny how it all works out...my child wakes up upset, and I enjoy the time of cuddling. I've always heard that with all bad things in life, there is something good, I guess having a child helped me to see it more clearly.

No comments: