Monday, March 17, 2008

Looking Pretty

If there are any males that read this...I am giving you fair warning that this is a very girly blog...

Yesterday my wonderful husband told me to take the day to myself and go shopping. That may be dangerous, except I am the one who does the finances...so I know how much money we really have :) I had a free panty card from Victoria's Secret, which I love to get! Who doesn't like free stuff...especially underwear. Sure, they only let you get the boring colors for free, but it's still FREE. The card also let me get $10 off any bra. I love Victoria's Secret bras, but hate to pay the price. I decided to try one on. Of course I loved it. Why is it that society puts such an emphasis on us to look pretty and natural, but it costs SO MUCH to do so? Just like everything in life...you get what you pay for. Luckily, there was a long lost Victoria's Secret gift card in my wallet!! I ended up paying $8 for a $45 dollar bra. For anyone who cares, the new Biofit Bras are wonderful. I would buy one in every color if I could, but for now I'll have to deal with the one I have :)

Secondly, I was on a mission to find something cute to wear for Easter. Taylor has been sick lately, and is still sick as we speak...but I am thinking positive that he will get better by this weekend. I am patiently waiting on the doctor's office to call me back, to see if I can get him on another kind of antibiotic. Anyway, my mission... It's amazing how I've forgotten how to shop for myself. It's really easy to shop for Taylor and even easy to shop for Dustin, but since I've had a child...I've forgotten how to shop for me!! Tragic...I know... I am a shopper, but now I second guess EVERYTHING and debate on the price. While looking for a bridal shower present I saw something I just had to try on. They had to be the cutest pair of shoes I've ever seen. A pair of pink and white polka-dott pumps. During my 27 years of life I've never bought a pair of "fun" shoes. Don't get me wrong...I love shoes, especially heels, but normally I wear boots. My family is not blessed with the smallest of ankles, so pumps tend to draw attention to this. So I tried them on. I loved them. Even better...they are ON SALE! After about 20 minutes of debating, and taking them off and putting them on, rolling my jeans down and pulling them up...I bought them.

So...if my child is better by Sunday and you will see me on Easter, check out my shoes :)

No comments: