Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Questions of the Day

One - Did whoever said "Silence is Golden" have a 17 month old? I ask this, because today I found myself listening for the silence. While we are living in Jonesborough, we are in a condo and our makeshift office is in the kitchen. I can do things in the kitchen and listen to Taylor play in the next room. Today I was using my new label maker, which is wonderful by the way, to label anything I could, and I noticed the silence. Knowing my child... this isn't very safe, unless Diego is on. I found my spider monkey of a boy half-way up the stairs. He has decided it is SOOO much fun to go up stairs. Sadly, he doesn't enjoy going down quite as much. Once we got settled back down, he went to the toy store, oh, I mean our living room, and played in his ball pit. A little bit later, silence hit again. I snuck into the living room and found Taylor trying his hardest to climb around, and so carefully not touch, the bean bag that blocked his way up the stairs. We have a sneaky boy on our hands.

Two - How many teeth will a child get??? I feel like we have battled teething for a year now. Taylor is now getting two more teeth and has been working on two others for a little bit now. We keep Tylenol and Motrin on hand at all times. While I appreciate people asking me if we are keeping Orajel on them, I enjoy my fingers. When you find your fingers knuckle deep in a toddler's mouth with like 12 teeth who doesn't enjoy it, you learn to pick your battles. I enjoy having 10 fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, the teething continues. Cole will be 3 in April and is JUST NOW starting to get his 2 yr molars! Teething just makes him mean to everyone.

Glad to have found your blog!

Stacy D.